I finished chemo in Sept 2025, scan in Nov same year showed remission although " multiple nodes remain in inguinal area - largest 0.9cm- [before chemo 2.5cm) Rituximab Targeted Therapy started Dec 2025- now had 6 infusions and still no physical check, only CBC before each infusion
I intend to see a Haematologist at same Hospital as cancer treatment in the hope of having a physical check of inguinal and spleen areas.
I have no B Symptoms but for my own peace of mind I need confirmation of current situation
3 days ago
Great question — staying on top of follow-up care after remission from follicular lymphoma (including inguinal involvement) is really important for catching any signs of relapse early.
While the exact schedule will depend on your oncologist's recommendation, here's a general idea of what follow-up care typically looks Show Full Answer
Great question — staying on top of follow-up care after remission from follicular lymphoma (including inguinal involvement) is really important for catching any signs of relapse early.
While the exact schedule will depend on your oncologist's recommendation, here's a general idea of what follow-up care typically looks like:
- Physical exams — Regular check-ups to feel for swollen lymph nodes, including in the inguinal (groin) area
- Blood tests — To monitor overall health and look for any concerning changes
- Imaging scans (CT scans) — Periodically scheduled to check for any returning lymphoma
Early on after remission, appointments are often more frequent — sometimes every 3 months. Over time, if things remain stable, visits may space out to every 6 to 12 months. It's also really important not to wait for a scheduled appointment if something feels off. If swollen lymph nodes, night sweats, unexplained weight loss, or fevers return, contact your doctor right away.
Catching a relapse early can make a real difference in treatment outcomes, so keeping those follow-up appointments — even when feeling well — is key.
3 days ago
Graeme- sending warm wishes and positive thoughts!
Michelle
19 hours ago
Initially I think it would be every 3 months. I am still waiting for my first check up!
3 days ago
In my case. I haven't had inguinal area checked in 12 months- currently had 6 of 12 Rituximab targeted therapy
3 days ago