Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLymphomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fort Myers, FL

I am a 63 year old woman. I have a marginal b-cell lymphoma and have had 3 out of 6 chemo treatments.My kidneys were under attack so I had to suddenly get on chemo. They are doing much better now. I also have lupus and and sjorgrens disease. I have had soo many problems after doing chemo and rituxin,that I am so scared to continue.I have neuropathy in my feet, just got bells palsy on the right side of my face,could not move for a few days due to an attack on muscles,joints,etc.The pain was… read more

September 6, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

Hi Merri,
I am so sorry you are feeling so awful…. I was diagnosed with marginal zone lymphoma at 62.
I am now 69 and doing well.
I did have 2 treatments during these 7 years. First, just Rutuxin and I relapsed in about 14 months.
I then had Bendamustine a chemo, and Rutuxin for 6 cycles.
Are you on these two?
I was told Bendamustine was not too strong. I was a bit tired during 4th, 5th and 6th cycle and a weird stomach on and off but that was all.
Terrible you are feeling this way.
I have been in a partial remission for 3 years. I may go on a pill named zanubrutinib soon since my recent pet scan showed some activity and now ready for more treatment doc said. It is only 2 years old and good results for MZL
and CLL.
Hope you are seeing a
Hematologist that specializes in lymphomas. Sounds like your doctor needs to put you on a new treatment plan…
Thinking of you and keep in touch.
Ours is slow growing and responds to treatment well.
Take care hope you feel better soon
DonnaL❤️

September 6, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Poconos, PA

A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Huntsville, AL