Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLymphomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Indian, AK

I eat wheat chapatti, curd, white rice, vegetables, salads, fruits, milk, nuts. Are above fine to eat?

Also, are following to be avoided: sugar, sweets, Ice creams?

February 9, 2024
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

I do drink coffee :-) I try to eat healthy food in a general way, at large, avoiding too much coffee, too much fried food, too much sweets. My doctor says this is OK. Maybe this is because I have no significant problems with gastrointestinal tract.

February 9, 2024
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

NilMand,
Hi! I don't drink coffee or soda anymore. I changed to green tea, white tea, water and Naked Juice. I don't eat sweets either. Kelly

February 9, 2024
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

You likely have a healthier diet than most of us! 🙂 All of those are fine; watch the amount of ghee you eat, of course, and eating a brown rice would be a bit healthier than white rice (You can try mixing it just half and half. I make “purple rice” now, which is a Korean 10-grain blend, mixed half and half with jasmine rice. It’s a bit healthier and still quite tasty.) Just based on your list, I’m guessing at your tastes (forgive me if I’m wrong), but there are many veg dishes that are quite good for you… dal, tandoori, rogan, Chana masala. You can make sag tofu instead of paneer (yeah, not the same, but it’s pretty good).

Just keep the pakoras and sweets in moderation, you don’t have to completely cut them out unless your doctor has advised you to do so.

February 14, 2024
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

Thank you so much for reply

February 9, 2024
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

Thanks kelly

February 9, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Monterey Bay CA

A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Broadway, VA

A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Haifa