Hi DonnaFargo
My dear friend I feel for you...itching makes us mad in the true sense of the word.
Have you tried 50mg of Benadryl at bedtime? That's generally when it's the worst.
Hugs and love from Rhonda4 and Gia the Wonder Dog ๐โ๐ฆบ๐๐ค๐๐๐๐๐ป
@A MyLymphomaTeam Member
Donna, another great question for everyone in this wonderful community who are suffering terribly with that dreadful itching. I pray you all get relief ๐ฎโ๐จ
So sorry to hear the itching is hitting hard right now โ that sounds really uncomfortable. Many people with lymphoma find that itching tends to get worse at night or when it's hot, though it can strike at any time of day.
A MyLymphomaTeam member shared that "sleepless nights filled with night sweats and itchy skin are the Show Full Answer
I found that Momma Bear helps as well as a good rubbing. Your skin is thinner and will bleed a lot easier.
What also helped was learning that all of the antihistimes address only the H1 histamine receptors. The H2 histamine receptors require Pepcid, which is also an antihistime. The only place to get it is in Pepcid otc. I wish just one of all the doctors I had seen had mentioned this. Learned late but it helps tremendously.