Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLymphomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Palm Coast, FL
8 hours ago
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

For me, life after chemo has been a lot harder than I expected. The aches, pains, and fatigue have become part of my everyday life, and honestly, most days my bed feels like the safest and most comfortable place to be. I finished treatment last November, but the physical recovery is only part of it. The emotional side has probably been the hardest. The ups and downs can be unbelievable—some days I feel like myself again, and other days I struggle just to get through the day. I'm learning that finishing treatment doesn't necessarily mean the battle is over.

3 hours ago
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

I’ve been fortunate in not having any pain but dealing with fatigue has been a challenge. I started going to a cancer recovery fitness class run by an organisation which was sponsored by MacMillan although they are seeking new funding. It’s called Live Better formally Move More. Bit of an effort every week but progress now noticeable after about two years. Don’t believe there are any quick fixes. If you know of any let me know!🏋️The exercise plan is tailored for different cancers and individuald

7 hours ago
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

From personal experience ... Chemo and cancer cause fatigue. That's just part of the package. As far as hurting all over goes the problem in my case is, sorry to say, age related. Bummer. I hope you feel better. What do I do to offset the fatigue and hurting? Frequent naps and pain killers and tiger balm salve.

8 hours ago
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

Frank, I couldn’t agree with you more! I finished treatment a little over a year ago. Happily I am in remission since. But, I have significant weakness( getting up from a chair or couch is not easy). I have an increase in peripheral neuropathy which has caused not only numbness, burning, but difficulty walking. I am in constant pain which I cannot figure out why or what’s causing it. My best guess is the neuropathy from nerve damage has become more widespread.
I am afraid at my age the battle is a lifelong one.

3 hours ago
MyLymphomaTeam

Aching and fatigue are very common experiences with lymphoma, and there are several possible reasons why this might be happening. As one MyLymphomaTeam member put it, "The fatigue is so debilitating." You're definitely not alone in feeling this way.

There are a number of factors that can contribute to these symptoms:

- Show Full Answer

Aching and fatigue are very common experiences with lymphoma, and there are several possible reasons why this might be happening. As one MyLymphomaTeam member put it, "The fatigue is so debilitating." You're definitely not alone in feeling this way.

There are a number of factors that can contribute to these symptoms:

- Lymphoma itself — the disease can directly cause fatigue and body aches
- Treatment side effects — chemotherapy and radiation can take a real toll on the body
- Anemia — low red blood cell counts mean less oxygen reaching your muscles, causing tiredness and achiness
- Neutropenia — a weakened immune system can lead to infections that worsen fatigue
- Dehydration — especially if treatment is causing nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Pain medications — some can actually increase fatigue
- Muscle weakness — from reduced physical activity
- Poor sleep — anxiety, depression, or medications like steroids can disrupt rest
- Anxiety or depression — the emotional weight of lymphoma is real and physically felt The good news is that some of these causes are treatable. A blood test can check for anemia, and your doctor can explore whether adjustments to your treatment plan, medications, sleep habits, nutrition, or activity levels might help.

It's really worth bringing this up with your healthcare team so they can figure out what's driving it for you specifically.

8 hours ago

Related Questions

View All
A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hammonton, NJ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In