Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLymphomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Sntonio, Tx
June 10, 2023
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members warmly reassured someone worried about eating dark chocolate sweets, with many sharing that they eat dark chocolate daily and view it... Read more

Members warmly reassured someone worried about eating dark chocolate sweets, with many sharing that they eat dark chocolate daily and view it as a source of comfort and joy during their cancer journey. Several members discussed the balance between concerns that sugar feeds cancer and the benefits of high-cacao dark chocolate, offering practical suggestions like choosing 70% cacao or higher, exploring sugar-free options like stevia-sweetened brands, and practicing mindful eating in moderation rather than strict restriction. A recurring theme was prioritizing quality of life and mental well-being over rigid dietary rules, with many emphasizing that managing stress and finding balance matter just as much as the foods they choose.

A MyLymphomaTeam Member

I am on w & w and eat dark chocolate every day. I do not know if it matters but I want to live my life and I love dark chocolate!!!

June 10, 2023
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

Diane
I was on an intermittent fast diet and did not eat after 6 or 7. I’ve bought books and planned to do keto but I just became concerned about the amount of fat to intake. I definitely try to eat everything in moderation. My cardiologist recommends the Mediterranean diet. After I got the Covid booster and then Covid, I lost my appetite for months. After that I was diagnosed with lymphoma leukemia. There’s so many ppl advertising cancer diets and diets to avoid getting cancer. We must thread prayerfully on this cancer journey and journey of life and be nit deceived. Have a wonderful day and thank you for your comments.

June 11, 2023
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

I think eating mindfully is the best for me. I don't want to police myself constantly as this is stressful and raises the cortisol level as a reaction to what the body perceives as stress and takes awhile to return to normal as a older person. Everything moderation and balance! I do not eat dinner and feel better eating within a 8-10 hour window. This isn't to say if traveling I will eat dinner trying to be flexible.

June 11, 2023
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

Laurel
Thank you. Dark chocolate is actually good for us but as a candy apparently not. I may just have to forget it. I’m just afraid I’ll eat everything edible to curve my taste for it. Yikes

June 12, 2023
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

I always heard that dark chocolate was good for you!

June 10, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
FW TX