Answer Summary
Members shared varied experiences with Rituxan, with fatigue being the most common side effect, ranging from extreme tiredness requiring... Read more
First chemo I felt disconnected and a flushed feeling went over me and they backed off the amount and gave me something. Symptoms-wise, my first chemo was a breeze, to my surprise. Some fatigue and nausea. But the 2nd and 3rd have been very rough. I have IBS and chemo just trashed my guts and I went through a lot of discomfort. Everything tastes rancid or spoiled, so it was hard to eat and drink for almost a week. It was horrible.
I just got my CT scan results (tumor is shrinking)and the misery I endured has been worth it, at least. My experience is it progressively gets worse as you go. That being said, I did some ignorant things as well, like not watching what I ate the 2nd time. I got a med to calm my guts and it has helped. I have 3 more sessions to do, and I can't lie, I am not looking forward to it.
Bill , Sounds just like me. I put my head phones and out I go. …. Steve
Hi Katie,
So sorry to hear that the Claritin doesn't help your husband's bone pain. Hoping his Dr can prescribe something that works for him.