Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLymphomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I completed my 6 Pola R CHP infusions and 1 of 2 follow up Rituximab infusions. My second is on Monday and the next day I will be admitted to the hospital for the high dose methotrexate. Does anyone of you have experience with this? As I understand, it is to rid my body of any residual cancer cells in the body. Thank you for anything you might have to offer.

April 25, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

I will surely be glad to answer any questions based on my experience with it next week.

April 25, 2025
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

Hi Pat, I hope you are doing well. Was wondering if you had your hospital stay for the methotrexate IV treatment and how it went for you? Thank you and best of luck.

May 26, 2025
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

I thank you for your response to .y question. I had recei ed the intrathecal methotrexate as well as 2 high dose infusion s given to me in the hospital. Yes, careful monitoring took place for 3-4 days after each infusion while in the hospital.. I had no negative reactions, thankfully.

June 9, 2025
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

high dosage of Methotrexate needs hospital treatment and close monitoring of blood levels. Typically one of the usage as recommended to me as my doctor told is to prevent to spread to CNS (brain and spinal cord). I was not given high dosage, so not hospitalized.. just with lumbar puncture, intrathecal injection. Good luck.

May 26, 2025
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

I too am told I need this procedure and look forward to hearing from those who have undergone it to learn of any side effects and risks we should look out for when it's our turn.

April 25, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Huntsville, AL

A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Franklin, NC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In