Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLymphomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Moreno Valley, CA
September 19, 2025
 · 
Be the first to react
What Does Follicular Lymphoma Look Like? Photos of the Symptoms You Can See Read Article...
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

I’ve had 3 bone marrow biopsies and scheduled to have another. I found requesting it done in the hospital so I could be given heavier sedative than what is given in office. Although it’s an uncomfortable feeling, mostly pressure against your hip bone it was tolerable.

October 9, 2025
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

I asked to be asleep during the procedure. I’ve had enough of pain.

September 23, 2025
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

BrianThiebaux,
Hi! I had a bone marrow biopsy because I have/had DLBCL. They did it right on my hospital bed. It wasn’t as bad as I had imagined. I layed on my left side and they took it out of my right hip. I was numbed up for it. All I felt was some pressure. I ask to hold the nurses hand during the procedure which helped. Good luck with your biopsy. I hope all goes well for you. Kelly

September 20, 2025 (edited)
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

I had a bone marrow biopsy earlier this year and aspirate . Although the area was numb, it was quite a painful experience. Everyone’s pain tolerance is different . I managed to get through the procedure because it had to be done.

September 22, 2025 (edited)
MyLymphomaTeam

A bone marrow biopsy is a medical procedure where doctors take samples from your bone marrow, typically from your hip bone. There are actually two parts to this procedure:

1. Bone marrow aspiration - uses a smaller needle to remove liquid bone marrow
2. Bone marrow biopsy - uses a larger needle to remove a piece of solid Show Full Answer

A bone marrow biopsy is a medical procedure where doctors take samples from your bone marrow, typically from your hip bone. There are actually two parts to this procedure:

1. Bone marrow aspiration - uses a smaller needle to remove liquid bone marrow
2. Bone marrow biopsy - uses a larger needle to remove a piece of solid bone marrow To make the procedure more comfortable:

• You'll receive local anesthetic to numb the area
• Your doctor may offer a mild sedative to help you relax
• The procedure is commonly done on the hip bone
• The samples are analyzed in a lab to check for cancer cells

Many MyLymphomaTeam members have undergone this procedure as part of their diagnostic journey. While it may sound intimidating, the numbing medication helps manage any discomfort during the process.

September 19, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Allentown, PA

A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Pablo, CA

A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Georgetown, ON

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In