Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLymphomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Berryville, AR

Mental health directly impacts both physical and spiritual health. Personally hobbies do me a world of good. They take my mind off my cancer and provide focus. What do you do to safeguard your mental health? Share it here, give someone else a positive idea

13 hours ago
 · 
Reactions
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

Pray, pray and pray some more! Take walks, get alone declaring healing scripture. Bake and cook for family, Watch happy movies. Do fun things with grandson. Enjoy early morning coffee w/husband listening to the birds.

11 hours ago
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

I put a lot of effort into getting a good night's sleep. Hobbies and social interaction are key.

6 hours ago
MyLymphomaTeam

What a wonderful question to put out there — hobbies are genuinely powerful, and you're absolutely right that mental health connects deeply to overall wellbeing. Here's what members of MyLymphomaTeam and health experts suggest for protecting mental health during lymphoma:

Mind & Body Practices
- Meditation and mindfulness Show Full Answer

What a wonderful question to put out there — hobbies are genuinely powerful, and you're absolutely right that mental health connects deeply to overall wellbeing. Here's what members of MyLymphomaTeam and health experts suggest for protecting mental health during lymphoma:

Mind & Body Practices
- Meditation and mindfulness to stay grounded in the present moment
- Yoga, which one MyLymphomaTeam member noted "can be very calming and still strengthen your body"
- Deep breathing exercises
- Acupuncture and reflexology massage for stress relief

Staying Active
- Aiming for at least 30 minutes of movement daily
- Walking is a gentle, accessible option
- Always check with your doctor before starting new exercise

Connection & Communication
- Honest conversations with trusted loved ones
- One MyLymphomaTeam member shared that straight talks with a close family member "takes a load off," even when nothing can be fixed

Daily Habits
- Prioritizing 7–8 hours of sleep
- Eating a balanced diet
- Limiting alcohol and caffeine
- Doing things you genuinely enjoy — just like your hobbies!

The fact that you've already found something that works is a real gift. Sharing that with others here could spark something meaningful for someone else on their journey.

13 hours ago
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

I focus on what I can control. For example, I can find ways to show kindness to those around me. I have a jar with ideas in case I need help thinking of something. I made it a goal to show an act of kindness every day this year, even if it was just lying in bed sending a text or digital birthday cards. Knowing I was making other people smile made me feel like I was worth something even on days when I had no energy to get up and do anything and had to rely on my husband to prepare meals and clean up afterwards. I've finished treatment and am feeling energetic again but my focus hasn't changed: "Who needs a lift that I can give today?"

4 hours ago
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

There is a wonderful music learning app called Musora that has been extremely helpful with making me feel creative and capable again

4 hours ago

Related Questions

View All
A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Berryville, AR

A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Berryville, AR

A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Berryville, AR

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In