Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLymphomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I’ve had Ultrasound, bloodwork, CT scan and biopsy and awaiting a first consultation with my oncologist. Feeling in limbo and while I want to be proactive, because there are so many possible types of Lymphoma I don’t want to freak myself out! Any suggestions for while in the waiting stage? Thank you!🤗

September 14, 2024
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members rallied around someone newly diagnosed with lymphoma who was waiting for their first oncologist appointment, offering both practical... Read more

Members rallied around someone newly diagnosed with lymphoma who was waiting for their first oncologist appointment, offering both practical advice and emotional support during an acknowledged difficult limbo period. Several members shared specific lifestyle strategies that helped them through treatment, including eliminating soda and coffee in favor of water and green tea, building muscle before chemo to offset treatment-related muscle loss, maintaining a healthy weight, and taking supplements like B12, vitamin D3, and zinc. A recurring theme was managing the anxiety of waiting by avoiding excessive internet research that leads to overwhelming what-ifs, leaning on prayer and faith for peace, staying physically active, and trusting that lymphoma is highly treatable with strong survival rates even at advanced stages.

A MyLymphomaTeam Member

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement, Frank. This is the first thing I have read that really gives me so much clarity and hope for a positive outcome. I am healthy, active and strong (have been in the nutrition industry for years), and gathering my beautiful friends and family close for support and prayers. Still waiting to find out what exact type of lymphoma I have…yes, it is brutal! All the best to you and your wife and stay positive! 🙏☺️

September 23, 2024
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

I don't know if you are a believer in Jesus or not but I found that putting my trust and hope in Him brings me a peace that all the research and knowledge in the world cannot give me. Actually, doing research stressed me out even more than the diagnosis because they is so much of it and so much conflicting information. It is very easy to get overwhelmed and lost in it all. If you can, try just focusing on what you can do right now, pray, meditate, talk nice long walks or do whatever brings you true comfort. I will be praying that God gives you exactly what you need to help you make good sound decisions about your health and that it will bring you peace so that you will know it's the right thing to do. Stay strong! You got this!! 💜🙌

September 17, 2024
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

Waiting is the worst looking up the different lymphomas never helped me it just lead to more what ifs definitely look up nutrition and exercise do what you can to stay healthy in the mean time

September 16, 2024
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

Everything Kelly said above , keep weight under control , keep free of secondary smoke ,rest when needed, keep a positive attitude , pray

September 14, 2024
A MyLymphomaTeam Member

Thanks for the tip, Dani! I’m sorry you are likely going through the agonizing stage like me, not knowing and wondering WHY?? Do you mind me asking what your age is? I’m 64 and in really good health…have no symptoms, and would never have known I had anything if I didn’t feel a lump in my groin. So bizarre. But I WILL BEAT THIS!! This is my daily mantra. Over the last couple of years I have been lifting heavier and heavier weights for post menopausal prevention of muscle loss and bone health. But now I am just waiting and wondering what else. Thanks again…Marilyn

September 14, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kenner, LA

A MyLymphomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Berryville, AR